Junior QA Automation Engineer
Full-time, Location- Sofia
The Software Developer in Test Level 1 helps in creating, running and analyzing tests aiming at assuring the highest possible quality of a product.
- Get to know the testing plans of the team for existing and new features. Deliver complete and concise test reports.
- Use the adopted test automation framework to write automated tests under supervision. Fix and execute failing automated tests. Commit coded tests into source control.
- Follow the established QA process and standards.
- Investigate problems and find clear steps to reproduce issues. Log issues in the bug tracking system. Synchronize and clarify bug description and severity with the respective software developers. Provide timely validation of fixed bugs.
- Create adequate test cases with the help of reviewers. Adhere to adopted conventions for defining and describing test cases.
- Participate in review discussions (e.g. code reviews, test case reviews, automated test reviews, etc.), take feedback from reviewers proactively and improve testing skills.
- Get to know and use the existing test environment. Adhere to the adopted practices for working with the test environment.
- Communicate freely and clearly with other engineering members about the scope of testing and the affected areas.
- Handles low complexity support tasks with high diligence and achieves satisfactory results of the solutions provided.
- Execute daily tasks in a timeframe specified by the reviewer/coach/mentor.
- Formal Education & Certification.
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience.
- Knowledge & Experience 1-2 years of related professional experience.
- Basic knowledge of QA principles, types of testing and tools.
- Ability to write coded tests with basic coding skills.
- Have a basic understanding of how the product works, its components, architecture, and technology stack.
- Good written and verbal English language skills.
- Personal Attributes.
- Self-driven & self-organized.
- Motivated, eager to learn and develop.