Purpose and CI integration

Home Forum General Meissa Test Runner General Discussion Purpose and CI integration

• Author
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

n100a
    Participant
    @n100a

Hi,

I have Bamboo CI tool and Selenium Grid to run tests in parallel on different nodes.

I use MSTest.Console.Extend (for retries) which I saw is predicated.

Meissa, in contrrary to MSTest,Console.Extend, is an agent but not a Runner.

Can I use only the “Runner” part of the library.

Does meissa integrate with any CI tool?

Is it an alternative for Selenium grid?

Sorry if my questions are inaccurate, I’m new to the business

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

aangelov
    Keymaster
    @anton1

We were thinking of enabling just “runner” mode for MEISSA. However, this is not possible at this time. You can integrate MEISSA with any CI tool since it is executed via the command-line. I have used it personally in Jenkins and Azure DevOps, but it will be easy to do it in any other.
    MEISSA is a distributed runner, and Selenium Grid is not a runner. Selenium grid alone cannot execute your tests in parallel- e.g., making test execution faster or retry tests. This is done via a test runner. You can run your tests with native “dotnet test” runner, but the tests will be executed on the same machine. If you use the grid, the test will be executed on the appropriate combination of OS and browser. This is the primary purpose of the Selenium Grid so that you can combine it with any test runner. MEISSA, on the other hand, via its agents can run the tests at the same time on many machines and can further run multiple processes on each machine, which can significantly speed up test execution.

Best,
    Anton
    Co-Founder and CTO Automate The Planet
    Inventor Bellatrix Test Automation Framework

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

n100a
    Participant
    Participant
    @n100a

Thank for your answer.

Do I have a proper way to monitor the available servers (slaves that connected to the main server), amount of running test etc.?

And in another matter, can the runner do tasks between the retries?

Helpful
      Up
      Down
      Not Helpful

aangelov
      Keymaster
      @anton1

Yes, you have a command to see the current status of agents. Also, you can write a plugin if you wish to execute logic before or after the execution. You can check the official documentation, I think it is quite detailed.

Best,
      Anton
      Co-Founder and CTO Automate The Planet
      Inventor Bellatrix Test Automation Framework

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.