Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

paynehd
    Participant
    @paynehd

Hi,

Got the latest version of Web.GettingStarted and it does not build.

See below.

Thanks,
    Howard

1>—— Rebuild All started: Project: Bellatrix.Web.GettingStarted, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ——
    1>08. Common Controls\CommonControlsTests.cs(186,13,186,28): error CS0311: The type ‘Bellatrix.Web.Table’ cannot be used as type parameter ‘TGrid’ in the generic type or method ‘GridExtensions.SetColumn<TGrid>(TGrid, string)’. There is no implicit reference conversion from ‘Bellatrix.Web.Table’ to ‘Bellatrix.Web.Grid’.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

aangelov
    Keymaster
    @anton1

I am confused why this continue to happen on your side. We tried this on several machines and it was OK. I suspect that the version of .NET core and the compiler is messing around. I will keep investigating. Meanwhile you can comment this particular lines to try out the rest of the features. These errors are related only to the grid and table controls.

Best,
    Anton
    Co-Founder and CTO Automate The Planet
    Inventor Bellatrix Test Automation Framework

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

paynehd
    Participant
    Participant
    @paynehd

Hi Anton,

Thanks, I commented out the lines of code related to the issue and the solution compiled.

However, when executing a test, I got what looks like licensing errors.

I’ll contact support.

Thank you,

Howard

Attachments:
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

aangelov
    Keymaster
    @anton1

Howard,

First, regarding the first error that you commented- there will be a fix LIVE today. We added tests that will mitigate this for future releases. We test our tools extensively. This particular error was a bit tricky to catch and fix since it is not happening all the time, and it is caused by the different versions of the .NET CLR and its compilers. Anyhow, we updated our testing procedures so that we will test for this specific behavior in the future.
    Regarding the second error of the licensing. I did detailed research. We collect all such errors in an analytics app; however, I cannot find yours there, meaning I cannot see the exact reason for the failure. Usually, this may happen if you have more secure internal rules for network traffic- blocking such 3rd party requests.
    However, after looking into our licensing service code- the code is failing when to try to save the licensing information on your hard-drive. Usually, this shouldn’t be a problem since we keep the file in the standard Windows folders for this purpose- %APPDATA%/Bellatrix , you can check whether there is something there, but most probably the folder will be empty.
    There are a few directions we can go. This should work even if you execute your tests/start VS in an elevated mode (as administrator mode), you can try to run it like this. My second suggestion is to change the permissions for this particular folder manually.
    Or you can check what anti-virus software you use. It may be somehow interfering with the try of saving files to your hard drive. We have tested our licensing with some anti-virus software such as Kaspersky, Avast, and similar. It was behaving OK since, in their normal mode, they should allow the save of files to APPDATA since this is the primary place for Windows apps to store data.
    For the patch today, I will update the licensing service to throw the exact exception, which can be our last resort.

Anton

Best,
    Anton

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

aangelov
    Keymaster
    @anton1

Howard,

The fix for the build errors is LIVE if you recreate the project or update the NuGet packages everything should be OK.

Best,
    Anton

Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

paynehd
    Participant
    Participant
    @paynehd

Anton,

Per your last email, I updated my solution via NuGet and the build is failing with a new error:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error CS0534 ‘UntilHasStyle’ does not implement inherited abstract member ‘BaseUntil.WaitUntil<TBy>(TBy, Element)’ Bellatrix.Web.GettingStarted C:\Users\payne\Documents\ATP\bellatrix2\33. Add New Element Wait Methods\UntilHasStyle.cs 8 N/A

Thanks,

Howard

Attachments:
    Helpful
    Up
    Down
    Not Helpful

aangelov
    Keymaster
    @anton1

Aw, sorry I forgot about this change. Updating the nugets won’t do it. The easiest way is to add the following method to UntilHasStyle class. (we have included it in the updated version of the templates, you can get it if you reinstall the template)

public override void WaitUntil<TBy>(TBy by, Element parent) => WaitUntil(ElementHasStyle(parent.WrappedElement, by), TimeoutInterval, SleepInterval);

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by  aangelov.

Best,
    Anton

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.